We’re on the lookout for great people for the following positions:
Learn to Sail Instructor / Captain (Keelboat)
The International Sailing Academy’s keelboat program is seeking an instructor and boat captain for the upcoming winter season (November – May). The position includes teaching basic and advanced keelboat sailing, captaining pleasure cruises and performing maintenance and upkeep on ISA’s Colgate 26.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in sailing instruction with an extensive focus on safety, a fun and patient personality, knowledge of small keelboat maintenance and Spanish.
- Instruct and captain all lessons, camps and charters, including prep and end of day clean/secure
- Work with the ISA team to launch and put away the boat at the beginning and end of season
- Manage checkout and return of clients on bareboat charters
- Keep the boat in “client ready to sail” condition at all times
- Manage maintenance and cleaning schedule for keelboat, handle all appropriate boat projects
- Liaise with yard workers, boat repair people, suppliers etc. to coordinate repairs
- Understand ISA Learn to Sail curriculum completely and thoroughly
- Work our Sunday Market booth in La Cruz to generate bookings
- Actively market the Keelboat program with help from ISA
Perks: Unlimited sailing in one of the best venues in the world on your free time on a Laser or 26’ Colgate keelboat.
Interested? Apply by email