Learn to Sail Instructor / Captain (Keelboat)
The International Sailing Academy’s keelboat program is seeking an instructor and boat captain for the upcoming winter season (November – May). The position includes teaching basic and advanced keelboat sailing, captaining pleasure cruises and performing maintenance and upkeep on ISA’s Colgate 26.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in sailing instruction with an extensive focus on safety, a fun and patient personality, knowledge of small keelboat maintenance and fluency in English & Spanish languages.
Term: November 1 – May 1
- Instruct and captain all lessons, camps and charters, including prep and end of day clean/secure
- Work with the ISA team to launch and put away the boat at the beginning and end of season
- Manage checkout and return of clients on bareboat charters
- Keep the boat in “client ready to sail” condition at all times
- Manage maintenance and cleaning schedule for keelboat, handle all appropriate boat projects
- Liaise with yard workers, boat repair people, suppliers etc. to coordinate repairs
- Understand ISA Learn to Sail curriculum completely and thoroughly
- Work our Sunday Market booth in La Cruz to generate bookings
- Actively market the Keelboat program with help from ISA
- Produce video and still image sailing content for use in promotional/educational material
Perks: Unlimited sailing in one of the best venues in the world on your free time on a Laser or 26’ Colgate keelboat.
The International Sailing Academy is hiring yoga instructors for the upcoming winter season (November – May). The positions include yoga instruction (non-dogmatic), mobility and basic activation for sailors, 6 days per week. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in yoga instruction, fluency in English & Spanish languages and a friendly personality. Opportunities for massage and other bodywork with existing clients are available.
Term Window: November 1 – April 15
Term: 3 week – multiple month positions available
Compensation: This is a work exchange program which includes food, housing and free sailing.
- Yoga Instruction
- Limited Customer Service Responsibilities
- Occasional meet & greet of customers upon arrival